CROSSOVER LEVEL 2 COURSE
ONE-DAY PMBI LEVEL 2 CROSS-OVER TRAINING COURSE
This course is only available to IDP (Whistler Bike Park) Level 2 or 3 instructors looking to become a member of the PMBI Association, update their skills, and/or who wish to take the PMBI Level 3 course.
This course includes online access to the PMBIA Reference Guide & Level 2 Course Booklet, together with two days of on-bike training, teaching practice, assessment and feedback. Instructors are required to safely and effectively teach and demonstrate PMBIA methodologies, using PMBIA terminology, to intermediate and advanced mountain bikers, in different trail environments.
The first day focuses on Skill-based teaching, reviewing the skill development ideas on the Level 2 course, including example lesson presentations and practice teaching. Day two will see instructors review the maneuver component of the ‘Air’ Level 2 Course, as instructors learn about and practice teaching jumps and drops, to intermediate riders.
Additional workshops including the Level 2 worksheet (to be completed before the course), goal setting, performance factors and suspension set-up, will also be included.
Why take this course?
- Update and refresh your knowledge: Perhaps it’s been a while since you’ve taken an instructor course, or maybe you just haven’t taught biking in a while. Either way, this course is a great way to update your knowledge to the latest PMBI tools and techniques, while getting in some vital practice teaching to refresh your skills and confidence.
- Re-certify as The Best: The PMBI Association is the world’s leader in mountain bike instructor training… we run more certification courses in a month, than most other certifications do the entire year. Recognized and used by more mountain bike parks, clubs and schools than any other certification, PMBI brings enhanced credibility to your resume and further employment opportunities.
- Gain access to PMBIA Membership Benefits & More! Every PMBIA Member gains year-round, online access to the most up-to-date PMBI Reference Materials. Furthermore, our industry-first Instructor Association Pro-Deal Program is available to any PMBIA Member. Continued professional development, industry deals and more employability… it’s a no brainer!
- Become your own coach: Through a greater knowledge of riding skills and learning theory, your increased understanding of the sport will help you analyze your own riding and further enable you to teach yourself!
- Have fun: It’s a day of riding bikes, learning and getting stoked!
- IDP Level 2 or IDP Level 3.
- Completed Level 2 Worksheet (available upon registration)
- 2+ seasons teaching experience recommended, but not mandatory.
- Confident riding at speed on technical and flowy, intermediate to advanced terrain, including green, blue and black trails. Comfortable jumping on Crank It Up and A-line.
- 80hr Wilderness First Responder Certification (or equivalent) strongly recommended, but not mandatory. 40hr Wilderness First Aid (or equivalent) expected, as per the Level 1 recommendation.
- A minimum age of 17 is required for insurance responsibility reasons. Guiding and teaching mountain biking is inherently dangerous and being legally responsible for other adults and children, warrants a minimum age for certified instructors.
To successfully complete this workshop and become PMBIA Certified to teach intermediate to advanced mountain bikers, instructors must pass both riding and teaching assessments. Please review the Level 2 “Riding & Teaching Standards” for more information and examples of the assessment criteria.